Saturday, September 8, 2007

Kuala Lumpur

I have about four hours to kill at the Kuala Lumpur, Malayasia airport until I get my connecting flight to Chennai, India. These very nice Malaysians have free internet access at their unbusy airport. I've never been to a country like this before, it seems like their only source of income is tourism and fancy prints on silk. Most of the people here are Muslim with head coverings and whatnot. They're looking at me a little funny but I think I dressed conservatively enough in a t-shirt and longish skirt so it might just be because my shirt is black and my skirt is brown.

On the plane here, they had Islam prayer pamphlets for free-- just like traveling in America! Hah

The sights of Beijing were super. In the last week, I hiked six miles along the Great Wall, went to the Forbidden City, an observatory from the 1400s (space geek) and a Taoist temple. I will write more about Beijing when I have the photos online since it's more interesting to have visuals.

No comments: