Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dangerous blues

I started taking my anti-malarial pills for India and Ghana on Saturday. One of the side effects is supposedly crazy dreams and mild hallucinations. When I woke up this morning, there was a tiny gremlin sitting on the dresser. This should be an interesting few months.

I went to Tiannamen Square today and all I could think about was blood on the ground. The Forbidden City is at the northernmost end of the square. It is where the emperors lived and now the entrance is marked by a humongous portrait of Mao.

I have been watching this video of Lou Reed a lot, like three times a day. At first, I thought it was poorly filmed and far inferior to the album version but now I think it's completely brilliant and superior in all possible ways.

No comments: