Wednesday, October 3, 2007

No rabies

Now that I've sufficiently given everyone a heart attack (sorry; I didn't know it was so scary!) and learned that you actually need a series of like 15 shots to the stomach to combat rabies, I'll explain what I actually did on the weekend.

Examined this torn down Hindu temple near the house:


Took a picture of this tiny lizard on the wall:


Played badminton again. Women were playing this time! It was much hotter in the gym because all the window shades were closed.




Biked around Sivakasi and attempted to find somewhere to buy toilet paper. Was presented with tissue paper and packing tape. No...

Downtown:


Found this tall thing:


Hindu:


Spied on the family chatting with the neighbors in Tamil:


And sat on the roof, looking at the stars and listening to Orson Welles and the Mercury Theater's adaptation of "The War of the Worlds" again and tried to calculate where the sound waves are now, 69 years after the first broadcast (460,241,385 miles, past Jupiter and on their way to Saturn if I did it right.. probably not because I only used the speed of sound at sea level). It made me happy to think about my own radio show flying farther and farther away.

1 comment:

Jilane said...

glad my all my children memory served me well when it came to the shots being a series...